Monday, August 9, 2010

Time for a dive

30/07/2010
Geared up and headed out toward North East Island for a spearfish. The water appears clean but the amount of suspended matter in the water reduced visibility to just 15 feet or so. as expected the rubber on my speargun snapped after only a few moments and I was forced to fit a newer one. The fish were very educated and aware and coupled with the poor visibility gave me no chance to get anything. Saw a school of Barracuda and a very large Blue bone Parrotfish. Up anchored and went back to a spot near the boats where I have had some success in the past and was fortunate enough togeta parrotfish which I gave to the crew of "Toy Room" for the gluten free bread that they had made for me back at Island Head and delivered onto my deck at Hexham. I then bit the bullet and started to clean the green weed from the hulls of "Zen". This weed was over six inches long in places and obviously a major cause of my slow passages. It took two hours to clean the boat and I was physically sick when I finished. I was however ensured of a solid nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment