Monday, August 9, 2010

Hexham toward Middle Percy Island






Looking down West Bay toward the entrance to the lagoon

Does my boat look big in this?






29/07/2010




Early start and light breezes and had a quiet sail toward Middle Percy, touching 6 to 7 knots at times but also having periods of near calm and boat speeds of 2 to 3 knots. Report from Sancerre that whales were nearby but didn't see any. Finally caught Mary Mathieson on the approach to West Bay as the breeze freshened. The bay was crowded with 13 boats but I found clear space toward the Southern side of the Bay. Gone are the days when I could just nip into the lagoon for a restful nights sleep and a chance to clean the boats bum on the low tide.

It was nice to revisit , though I was a bit apprehensive when I saw the new corrugated iron roof over the "A"frame and wondered what other changes had taken place but fortunately the people involved in the restoration have done a wonderful job and much is as it was with some nice improvements. I found my plaques from previous visits though they had been separated and moved and put them back in sequence and hanging from the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment