Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hill Inlet toward Airlie

Friday 27th August

Much better day today with s/e winds so decided to leave on the high tide at 12.00hrs. "Volante" slipped away earlier and I managed to leave with no dramas at 11.30hrs. I enjoyed a brisk sail to Hook Passage but the fluky winds in the channel caused me to motor for about half an hour till I got clear winds. Had a great sail back to Airlie 8 to 9 knots but was passed by a brand new Chamberlain Cat. Very impressive. Marvellous what half a million dollars can buy. Back in Airlie I got confirmation through photographs that my previous yacht "Yin Yang" was destroyed during cyclone Ului. Dan, who bought the boat from me was unfortunately drowned a few months before the cyclone and "Yin Yang" was unattended and went aground in Shute harbour and was broken up and buried by the Whitsunday Shire Council. It was very saddening to hear of Dan's passing and made worse to hear that "Yin Yang" is also gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment