Sunday, August 29, 2010

lure fishing


Someone keeps taking all the water


Small lemon shark and remora caught and released.





Thursday 26th August





Today was overcast with strong winds and quite cold, a contrast to the last few days. I was intending to go back to Airlie but postponed and decided to go lure fishing. Took Rob,Anna and Claire and we explored further up Hill Inlet. Despite thousands of casts we did not get a strike although I think that everone caught at least one tree. We arrived back at the boats cold and dispirited and had lunch and a card game. Later on I went ashore with a net and caught some bait. I set a line off the back of "Zen" even though it was almost low tide and caught a small lemon shark. It had an equally small remora which hung on till I manouvered the shark into a small tidal pool in the sand. I then took a few photos and released them safely to prowl the pool till the tide came in. I later caught a huge stingray which I fortunately broke off. It was accompanied by a trevally the whole time that I fought it. I finally decided to get some photos of "Zen" high and dry on the sand and of the stingrays. Of course there wasn't a stingray to be found in the vicinity of the boat so you will just have to take my word for their prevalence.
Below is a video of "Zen" aground at low tide in Hill Inlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment