Thursday, November 11, 2010

back to the blogasphere

O.K. so it has been a while since an update. This has been mainly due to the abysmal weather up here and my appearance on Hot Seat Millionaire which I was unable to chat about until it went to air. Anyone who saw the show will know that I was doing o.k. until I ran into the question from Hell. I always thought that Gummi Bears were a lolly. Still, I had a good time on the show, lots of fun in Melbourne and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

"Zen " has not moved in over a month and I have had to dive underneath and knock off a bit of weed and barnacles. Hopefully I will be out next week for a sail with a few guests.
I entered "Zen" in the fun race and we had a good day with a lively crew on board. The boat was still having heaps of weather helm as the speed increased so I have removed the rudders ,yet again, and repositioned the pivot holes. That however did not detract from the fun day. A curious aftermath of the race was that during the race I lost overboard a floating winch handle which disappeared into our wake, supposedly never to be seen again. Well over a month later, as I discussed beachcombing with Yabbie off "Chinook", he mentioned finding a winch handle on Gloucester Island. You guessed it, my winch handle , complete with epoxy resin stains, emerged from a locker. The chances of finding this winch handle again were astronomical, in virtually hundreds of square miles of ocean, to be talking with the one personwho actually found it, to even be discussing that topic, beggars belief. And I still can't win Lotto???!!!
I may stay up here for the cyclone season, not that anyone has been able to go South with unseasonal , constant strong South easterlies, and have identified a few bolt holes to hide in should Airlie be unlucky enough to suffer yet another cyclone.
I have had no serious enquiries on the yacht at the moment but remain quietly confident that a buyer is out there somewhere and our paths will cross soon. I would really like to be in the States at the moment and take advantage of the strong Aussie dollar to buy a nice trimaran and sail her back to Oz. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment