Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Views from atop G.K.I.

Looking back across the resort with "Zen" just visible, left of middle.
The inlet and creek near Svendsens beach, accessible to shallow draught vessel...with care.


Most yachts choose to anchor off Svendsens Beach in the predominately South East Trades.


Looking back across to the backpackers accomodation

Woke up this morning early after a very broken nights sleep. After breakfast, and because the day was overcast I fell asleep and awoke at 10.00hrs to a glorious warm clear day. Decided to walk across to the anchored yachts off Svendsens beach to see If Yabbie and Craig had perhaps slipped in without me seeing them. Had a great walk and remembered to take my camera and photograph some of the views. Returned via a different route that took me beside the estuary that is fed by the creek. I looked with envy at the creek and its entrance and the total security afforded by it. However ,as is the case with the lagoon at Middle Percy, these types of places are not as easily accessed by "Zen" and add another reason to get a smaller more agile and shallower draught vessel. When I finally got back to the resort beach I had a quick rinse off in the shallows, it's still cool but refreshing nonetheless, and as I motored back out to the boat, "Chinook" Yabbie's boat, hove into view, followed minutes later by Craig aboard "Sancerre".
Greetings made and plans for a foray to Keppel Marina for water and groceries tomorrow. I will tag along with Yabbie to help him in the marina, his first time, and get fresh fruit and veggies and hopefully we will be off to the Percy Island in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment