Sunday, July 11, 2010

Island time

Had a rude awakening today when informed on the phone that it was Monday not Sunday as I had thought and it was a week since my last blog.
Last Tuesday I sailed over to the mainland and anchored off the marina. I went ashore in the small dinghy with six water containers my rubbish and all my dirty clothes. I was waiting for the Bus into town when I managed to get a lift with one of the cleaners. I did a big shop, about $140.00 worth but that should see me through a few weeks except for fresh fruit and veggies. After getting back to the Marina I topped up on water, did my washing and got back to the boat and set off back to the Island arriving just after nightfall. Since then the weather has been mixed with a really cold windy day followed by a beautiful sunny day. I dived over the side and gave "Zens" bums a good clean so she is ready for a quick run to the Percy's. I also went for a walk on the Island over to the Long Beach. This is really a beautiful island and with some warmer weather and less wind I could live here for a while. I walked back along the shoreline and I think the walk has done me good.
I have had afew inquiries on the boat, mostly tire kickers or "phishers" trying to get my Paypal details but a few genuine enquiries mixed in. If anyone can put a buyer in contact with me I will pay a spotters fee to them.
No sign of the other boats that were coming up here as yet, maybe they slipped by during the night and left me behind.
Will try to remember my camera the next time I go exploring and post a few more pics of G.K.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment